Friday, January 31, 2014

Contaminating Results

By: Kara P. I’m very concerned with what happened in the nine counties in West Virginia that were affected by the chemical spill. Something like that should have never happened in the first place and I don’t understand how the people who had caused the chemical spill could have been so careless. I read in an article called “West Virginia Water Contains Formaldehyde, Officials Say” by Kiley Kroh, that Scott Simonton had tested the local water supply and had found formaldehyde in it and was shock by the lack of information given about the spill. I think that this incident could have been avoided but they were so careless and put so many people in danger. I’m very disappointed with how they handled the situation, many people were already effected by the chemical spill after it happened because the people weren't informed about the spill until a day after it had happened. My family and I were luckily not effected by the chemical spill, but I did keep all the people that were effected in my prayers. I cannot imagine what it would be like to not have water for weeks and to have the knowledge that I had showered and drank contaminated water and the effects it would have on my body. It’s a devastating event that I would never want to experience. The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection should create more laws to prevent accidents like this from happening and should keep a better eye on the water supply to keep people from being affected if there is a chemical spill. I hope they are taking the time now to fix all of that so we do not have any more contaminating results.

No comments:

Post a Comment